Afilias' specialized technology makes Internet addresses more accessible and useful through a wide range of applications, including Internet domain registry services, Managed DNS and award-winning mobile Web services.
The Customer Support Analyst is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving customer issues as they relate to Afilias registry services. Under minimal supervision, provides user support, general problem analysis and resolution, technical assistance, and training for registry services. Acts as Subject Matter Expert and represents Customer Support in related projects, including producing documentation, CS affecting / related projects. May lead or guide the work of others. This position forms part of a 24x7x365 team with a rotating shift schedule, including some overnights, weekends and all statutory holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide 24x7x365 customer support of our domain name registries and managed DNS customers.
• Prompt resolution of application/system problems including determining root cause of problem through to appropriate solution.
• Provide mentoring, training and support to Associates and Customer Support team and external team if required.
• Keeping customers apprised of work effort being conducted to resolve their issues within our service level agreements.
• Regular monitoring and follow up of trouble tickets.
• Actively contribute to a growing knowledge base that improves the effectiveness of the team and the information available to our customers (wiki)
• Consulting with appropriate member of the IT and/or Development team in order to resolve customer issues.
• Escalate to Team Leaders and/or Customer Support Manager when appropriate.
• Prepare customer and management reports as required.
• Represent and provide input from Customer Support in projects as assigned.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Interpersonal Skills Required
• Exceptional Customer Service Skills (verbal & written)
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player who possesses exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Positive outlook motivates other to do their best in all situations.
• Ability to take ownership and follow through to appropriate resolution
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Ability to deal effectively with constant change and conflicting priorities
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and prioritizing tasks
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• University degree or college diploma in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• At least 1 years’ experience in a Technical/Customer Support in a 24x7x365 mission critical environment.
• Demonstrated ability to research and resolve problems using a variety of resources and tools.
• Practical experience using Solaris/Linux/HP UX
• An understanding of internet based applications
• Knowledge of domain name services (DNS)
• Experience in working with ticketing systems and knowledge bases
• Experience in providing support within a UNIX /Linux based environment.
• Experience with the following would be an asset:
o RRP/EPP Protocol
o SQL, PostGreSQL
o Java Applications
o Open Office or Microsoft Office
To Apply: Please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.