Afilias' specialized technology makes Internet addresses more accessible and useful through a wide range of applications, including Internet domain registry services, Managed DNS and award-winning mobile Web services.
Analyst will work at Afilias to provide cyber security threat mitigation, incident response, and intelligence
reporting for top level domains and its related infrastructure. Analyst will work in a small team environment.
Analyst will work with team and other departments to augment enterprise security
• Research registrations to identify patterns and inconsistencies.
• Identify phishing, malware, spam, botnets, etc. for takedown.
• Mitigation efforts, including reporting and outreach to customers and follow-up
• Liaise with security researchers, law enforcement, and other agencies to help with investigation and
analysis of abuse activity
• Perform research and contribute to internal intelligence products
• Help with planning and execution of security audits of information systems risks and controls
• Contribute to drafting the security audit presentations to communicate results and recommendations.
Help develop and deliver security training for internal staff and business partners
• Contribute to documentation and implementation of security policies and operating procedures
• Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science, Intelligence, information Security, Intelligence Analysis) or
similarly relevant field
• 1+ years of experience working in analytical position or equivalent
• Experience with producing analytical reports and/ or briefs
• Strong understanding and knowledge in risk assessment processes, link analysis, and multiple analytic
• Experience distilling and correlating raw information into actionable intelligence
• Familiarity with data analysis tools, such as Maltego,
• Familiarity with cyber-crime basic definitions and tactics
• Candidates must possess outstanding written and oral communication skills, ability to interact
diplomatically with customers, and ability to prioritize work
• Candidates must recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information
• Candidates must have the ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
Desired Skill Sets:
• Familiarity with DNS and Web technologies
• SQL queries
• Linux and scripting (Shell, PERL or similar)
• Recognized security certification – CISSP, CEH, CIA, CISA or similar
• Knowledge of industry standard risk management and control frameworks like COBIT and ISO 27001
• In-depth knowledge of the security concerns facing enterprises and/or government agencies
• Experience auditing physical access and logical systems access and analysis of user rights and roles
Some travel will be required. Some after hours on-call support may be required.
This is a full-time position.
Relocation to the Philadephia Area is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with
disabilities able to perform the essential functions.
NO AGENCIES OR VISA SPONSORSHIPS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org